The Western Michigan Section SPE would like to thank all the businesses and individuals who have supported this section through sponsorships, donations, attendance at the golf outing, and monthly meetings. Your financial support has been put to good use by providing grants to area high schools and scholarships to college and university students.
This year, the West Michigan Section Grant and Scholarship for 2011 included the following requests and awards:
High school grant awards:
• Coopersville Middle School – $800 request for materials and supplies for intro to plastics program. Will involve around 650 students this year.
• Coopersville High School – $1,000 request to help with the purchase of
a used 50-ton Boy.
• Grand Haven Schools – $756.07 request for materials and supplies for
polymer science class at Lakeshore Middle School and White Pines
Middle School; reaching 375 and 120 students respectively.
• Van Buren Technology FIRST Robotics Program – $500 request to help buy supplies for the construction of a robot that will compete with other
schools throughout Michigan.
• Van Buren Technology Center Plastics and Machine Tool Program – $500 to be used to purchase What other read more bonuses there is currently, is detailed on the action side.
online casino slot machines
MUD mold components so students can design and construct an injection mold for the students to use in the program.
University grant awards:
• Ferris State University – $467 for tools and supplies.
• Western Michigan University – requesting $5000 to repair two extrusion lines. SPE paid $2,500.